Timeless Riverside Family Residence
Offers closing 2nd March 2021 (unless sold prior)
A truly delightful five/six-bedroom, three-bathroom family home metres from stunning Mosman Bay and The Coombe Reserve.
The circa 1950’s original home was beautifully renovated by the current owners in the late 1990’s, retaining elegant Art Deco design elements. Decorative cornices, architraves and ceiling roses, leadlight glass panels and original jarrah floorboards feature throughout, and magnificent high ceilings and expansive timber windows create airy, light-filled spaces your family will love.
Multiple living areas include a welcoming sitting room at the front of the home, complete with a marble fireplace, leading to a formal dining room. A high-ceiling, sunken family room at the rear has a limestone gas fireplace for winter warmth and soaring bay windows overlooking mature parkland gardens.
There are two minor bedrooms downstairs, or a bedroom and a study which includes a restored, original 1950’s built-in wardrobe crafted from Sheoak and Silky Oak. A spacious bathroom services this wing, which adjoins an equally roomy laundry complete with a convenient chute connected to the upstairs bathroom.
At the centre of this beautiful home is a bespoke, Tasmanian Oak kitchen with solid marble benchtops, white-tiled splashback, appliance (or additional storage) cupboard, 5-burner gas cooktop, electric oven and integrated Bosch dishwasher. The large corner window allows an abundance of light into this timeless meal preparation and entertaining space.
The renovation included a complete remodelling of the second storey, the limestone cladding, iron roof and awnings melding perfectly with the lower level and double enclosed carport. Upstairs, as well as the master suite, there are three further bedrooms: two queen-sized and another with desk built into its bay window. All have built-in double wardrobes and all offer ocean glimpses and overlook the tranquil, leafy gardens. The large family bathroom features a bath, vanity, oversized shower, fresh white tiling and timber windows with obscured glass.
The king-sized master suite expands to incorporate a sitting area and has an enchanting private balcony with climbing Wisteria, views to Darling Range and river glimpses. The roomy ensuite consists of a double vanity with marble top, a heated towel rail, separate WC and decorative floor tiles. French doors lead to the spacious walk-in robe, which also serves as a dressing room.
Fall in love with the sweeping gardens, shaded by mature trees including Currajong, Ironbark, Fiddlewood and Rivergum, as well as Fig trees, Hibiscus and a wall of scented Stephanotis . A beautiful lawn area provides plenty of room for the children to play. Tree-shaded entertainment areas and rustic brick paving add to the garden’s enchanting ambience.
There is a 9 x 3 metre, lockable, stone-clad workshop that is driveway accessible and big enough to store dinghy and trailer, surfboards, bicycles, tools and garden furniture.
Positioned in Mosman Park’s most desirable enclave, the Swan River is on your doorstep, with Iona Presentation College just 300m, Iona Junior School only 1.40km and Mosman Park Primary School under a kilometre. Several other highly-regarded Western Suburbs schools are also within a convenient distance. Register your interest in this enviable property today and start creating your family’s memories here.
Features include, but are not limited to:
• Six bedrooms (or 5 plus study), and three bathrooms with multiple living areas
• Prime riverside location
• Remodelled circa 1950’s home, with 348sqm living area across 2 levels
• Limestone and iron construction
• River and ocean glimpses from second level
• Traditional period features including decorative architraves, ceiling roses, high ceilings and leadlight panels.
• Original jarrah floorboards, and jarrah balustrading
• Stunning Tasmanian Oak kitchen with solid marble benchtops and stainless steel appliances
• Double lock-up carport with remote sectional door and additional off-street parking
• Spacious bedrooms, enormous master suite with WIR/dressing room, private balcony & roomy ensuite
• Restored 1950’s built-in wardrobe with concealed computer desk
• Reticulated parkland gardens with mature trees, lawn and shaded entertainment areas
• Reverse-cycle ducted zoned Daikin air conditioning (rarely required due to cross ventilation from sea/river breezes)
• Rheem Stellar hot water system
• Monitored alarm system
• Large laundry with chute connected to the upstairs bathroom
• Rear laneway access
• Storage/linen cupboards on both levels, including under staircase which may be utilised as a wine cellar
• Large external workshop and storage, driveway accessible
• Walk/ride to local schools, with public transport on your doorstep for longer commutes
* Floor plan available on request.
* Chattels depicted or described are not included in the sale unless specified in the…