1. Come up with a realistic wish list – what can you afford in terms of house size, neighbourhood, amenities and features you want and need in a new home
2. Before you start house hunting, get pre-approved for a mortgage. Shop around to get the best mortgage for you.
3. Do you property research. Virtual tours are on most listings now, let you fingers do the tapping before you jump in the car . Keep your options open and suburb list wide . Come up with a checklist of features, schools, suburbs and min/max price based on your research and wish list
4. Give yourself time: Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will ever make, don’t rush it.
5. Do you feel you need help with the process research, negotiating, attending home opens, bidding at Auction.